Sunday, January 26, 2014

Update on The Writers Cabin Blog, The Reece Culver Series, and other pursuits.

Attention to this BLOG - I'm currently working 7 days a week at my day job trying to make a deadline for a big project I've been assigned.  With that and my need to write daily, the Blog is suffering.  When the smoke clears I'll get back to Blogging.

The Reece Culver Series Book 1 - As you know if you've been following my posts, either here or on Facebook I finished book 1, VENGEANCE, in the Reece Culver Series.  I started sending out queries to literary agents on January 3rd.  As of this date I've sent out a total of 8 and so far have gotten one response back.

The Reece Culver Series - Book 2
Book 2 in the series will be a Techno Thriller and is coming along nicely.  This new book will make extensive use of Reece's background as an Aerospace Test Engineer.  It will also contain at least one flying scene.  I've fleshed out the plot and am making good headway toward my goal of completing draft 1 by March 31, 2014.  The first book in the series took 20 plus drafts to get to the point where I was satisfied that it was done.  Of course all of us writers have a hard time calling something done.  We learn new tricks, advance our craft, and read the work of others.  All of these things keep us moving forward, improving, working toward being the best we can be as authors.  My number one goal is entertaining the reader.





No comments:

Post a Comment